Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Letter to Micah

We named the baby Micah.  I believe I will see him or her in heaven one day, and it was important to me for the baby to have a name.  Here is a note I wrote during this time:

November 9, 2004

Dear Micah,

Today I would have celebrated 10 weeks of pregnancy.  Instead, I mourn the heartbeat I was never allowed to hear and the announcement that was not made to family and friends.  I wish I could have been given even a glance of your face.  I long to have held you – even if only for a moment.  I want you to know how much I love you.

Some do not understand how much it hurts to lose an unborn child, but my grief is great.  The comfort I have comes from trusting in a God Who knows and loves me.  He is here with me, helping me through each day.  Your dad is a wonderful man, too.  He sent flowers to my school today because he knew how much I missed you – especially today.

I know you are in a much better place, and it is selfish of me to wish you were here on earth.  I just want you to know how much you are wanted and loved.  You will always hold a very special place in my heart, a heart softened by deep sorrow.  I look forward to the day when I will at last see your beautiful face and embrace you for the first time.  Heaven has become even more desirable because you are there.  Until then, I will continue living each day in God’s strength.  Don’t forget how much I love you.

Your Mom,
Janel

No comments:

Post a Comment