Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Disaster Relief - Pleasant Grove (con't)

Here are more of the pictures from the day Criss and I helped in Pleasant Grove.  One thing that struck me was the things we saw in the trees.  Below you can see someone's bedding.


This is one of several trees that had metal wrapped around it from the strong winds.  You can also see someone's shirt towards the top of the tree.
 

Just as the weathermen always tell us, if anything was left, it was the center of the house.

 


Look carefully at the closet in this final picture.  Everything around it has been destroyed, and yet, in the middle of it all sits this closet with all of the clothes still hanging in it.


What a perfect picture of our lives.  When life is in turmoil and everything is a mess around us, may we have the peace of God within us.

"He who dwells in the shelter fo the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say to the Lord,
My refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2

Janel

No comments:

Post a Comment