I still need to finish posting the rest of the pictures, but I’m going to venture off-topic for a moment. (I have dial-up, so it takes me FOREVER to post pictures.)
This spring was the third year that I’ve been asked to teach Literature for Children at a local college. (For those that know me, it’s at the college where I earned my undergraduate degree.)
Every year, the students rate their favorite books. Thought I would share their top choices with you:
1. The New Kid on Spurwink Avenue – Great book!
2. All Tied for 2nd
a. I Love You Like Crazy Cakes – A story about adoption.
b. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day – A classic.
3. Tied for 3rd
a. Officer Buckle and Gloria – This one is hilarious. You have to look closely at the pictures.
c. Falling Up - Poetry
1. Who Is Sam Harrington? – This one made the list twice.
4. Tied for 4th
a. Jazz Fly – Book and CD. Very catchy little tune.
5. Drummer Hoff
1. Amelia Bedelia’s First Day of School – This is one book in a new series based on the classic Amelia Bedelia books.
2. The Tale of Three Trees – Great book!
3. Who Is Sam Harrington? – You’ve gotta read this one.
4. The Mitten – Fun book with beautiful pictures.
Others that I like
· Snowmen at Night – So cute!
· Charlotte’s Web – Makes me cry every time.
· The Velveteen Rabbit – This link shows the version I have at home. I LOVE the pictures in this one.
Hope you will comment with some of your favorites.