Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm Published!

After Autumn finished her time in TheraPlay, her counselor asked if I would write about our experience.  ABCH produces Life Prints, a small bimonthly magazine.  There was a possibility that they might use my article in a future issue.

I received the newest Life Prints in the mail a couple days ago, and I was thrilled to see that they had used the piece I’d written.  Yeah!!!  (Of course, there was a little editing.)  They have posted some of the older issues to their website, but last two are not there yet.  I’m hoping they will get caught up soon, and I can give you a direct link to the article.  You can click here to see past issues.

I was so excited!  Also, Autumn’s counselor sent me an email yesterday.  Here’s some of what she said:

Your article has been a HUGE success!  I have gotten several comments from several foster parents about how your story helps them to have hope.  I am even using it with NON ABCH parents in theraplay when they are losing hope. 

They titled the article “Our Daughter, His Love,” and it’s in the July & August 2011 publication.

Janel

No comments:

Post a Comment