Monday, November 28, 2011

Magic Moments Trip - Day 4 (Oct. 12)

I just finished coordinating the fall Children’s Choir musical at our church.  Hopefully, I can find the time to finish writing about our trip now.  Sorry for the delay…

Day 4 lead us back to Disney World; and this time we started at Animal Kingdom.  They say to visit the Harambe Wildlife Reserve early in the day – while the animals are still moving about, so that was our first “ride.”

Leaving the safari ride at the wildlife reserve, we walked through a patch of (man-made) fog and onto a nature trail.  That was our biggest mistake of the day.  The kids weren’t very interested, and it seemed to take forever to work our way back out of there.  Silas had also fallen in love with the fog we had run into earlier, and he was obsessed with finding it again.  Thankfully, we ran into another patch of fog at the end of the trail, and we were able to continue on with our adventure.  (After, of course, the kids played in the fog for a while.)

We did a much better job at Animal Kingdom of finding all of the characters.  Some of the ones we met that day were Lilo & Stitch, Chip & Dale, Goofy & Donald, Minnie, Mickey, Brier Bear, Thumper & Mrs. Bunny, Pooh, Eeyore, and Tigger.  Again, we got to skip all of the lines.

Another highlight of the day was attending The Lion King.  It really was great, and the kids were selected to be part of the show.  They held shakers as they circled the room.  So fun!

We ate dinner at The Rainforest Café, just outside the entrance to Animal Kingdom.  Silas was enamored with the replica of a baby elephant.

After a good meal, we headed to Magic Kingdom to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes, the fireworks show at Cinderella’s Castle.  It was super crowded, but definitely worth it.

I’ve mentioned Autumn’s aversion to loud noises – especially fireworks (picture tears and running for cover).  We knew we didn’t want to miss the fireworks show, so Criss had the idea to buy her some ear covers that people use when they’re shooting guns to wear to the fireworks show.  We had bought her a pink pair and hoped for the best.  When the fireworks show ended, I was amazed to turn around and see her not just smiling, but CLAPPING!

It was late but also very crowded.  Instead of battling the crowd trying to leave the park, we decided to ride a few more rides before heading out.


No comments:

Post a Comment